Bev Ryan – Speaker
Bev Ryan is a publishing consultant assisting smart people to self-publish pivotal non-fiction books. She is also the founder and editor of ‘Honestly Woman’ magazine, for and about smart women reinventing their career or business. Bev is available as a presenter to small and large groups, and as a guest speaker/presenter on podcasts and webinars.
- The Power of Publishing – the business owner/author advanced strategy
- How Publishing can Supercharge your Professional Career – stand out in your industry
- Publishing as a Passion Project in Retirement – the best way to stay in the game
- The ‘Enterprise You’ mindset – a must in the new world of work
- The New Start-up Generation – women over 55 establishing businesses
- The 50+ Advantage – reclamation & reinvention
- The Essentials of a Professional Online Brand
Speak with Bev about customising any of the above themes for any of the following groups:
- Business owners seeking strategies and inspiration
- Professional development (PD) seminars for industry groups
- Coaches, counsellors, professional service providers seeking strategies for business growth
- Women in business
- Professionals seeking advanced strategies for career development
- Employees facing change or redundancy
- Mature women seeking inspiration and ideas for personal and professional development
- Pre- and post-retirement audiences seeking a meaningful project / wanting to self-publish a book
SAMPLES AS A GUEST SPEAKER
CLICK audio or video LINKS in the following, to view or listen to samples:
With Karen Bonanno on her EduWebinar series
With Viv Oyulu in the UK, on her Author Radio Show
With AnneMarie Cross on her Ambitious Entrepreneur Show
Speaking at an International Women’s Day event in regional Queensland
Podcast guest on the Ambitious Entrepreneur Show, speaking about articulating your value
ABOUT BEV as a SPEAKER
Are you looking for a warm, natural speaker for your event: one who your audience will readily identify with, and who will inspire them to realise their true talents and express their true purpose in their work, while building their profile and raising their visibility.
Bev is a warm, reliable, generous and professional guest speaker: her presentations are clear, useful, informative, free of posturing and hype, and she is happily available to guests before and after her presentation.
Bev currently works with professionals, business owners and career changers, assisting them to achieve greater clarity and success by building their personal and professional brands through clear, meaningful expression in professional profiles, websites, award applications, articles, e-books and print books.
Bev generously shares her expertise and experience, weaving in (where appropriate) some of her own journey from a busy frustrated mum of four, longing for her own beautiful career, to an award-winning publisher of a national magazine and winner of a national yacht race – both without prior experience.
Memorable career highlights include:
Establishing the Queensland Rural Regional and Remote Women’s Network annual ‘Strong Women Leadership Awards’ in 2012.
Launching ‘Honestly Woman’, the award-winning national magazine for entrepreneurial women, in 2006 after a mid-life career make-over.
Launching ‘Work from Home’ magazine nationally in 1998, as a self-publisher with no prior industry experience.
Winning the Cruising Division of the 2007 QCYC Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race in South Passage (below), with the inaugural WomenRace4 team. Read more about it here in an excerpt from Honestly Woman magazine, winter edition, 2007. (Teams continued to enter the QCYC Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race from 2008 to 2013, each year raising a larger amount for RedKite, under the guidance of co-founder Di Halden.)
Managing the production of many excellent non-fiction books for business-owner authors, including and launch of the book, ‘Women on Top – against the odds’ in 2011, and including Dr Lois P Frankel, international author of ‘Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office’ as contributor and guest speaker at the book launch in Brisbane.
By invitation, joining the Queensland Regional Council for Redkite, and the Human Research Ethics Committee based at a major Brisbane hospital.
Bev is available as a GUEST SPEAKER or PANEL MEMBER in all locations across Australia and beyond:
- Business and networking functions
- Conferences, workshops and seminars
- Women’s events & retreats
- Company training sessions
- Industry professional development days
RECENT SPEAKING EVENTS
- Writing workshop – academic retreat for a major university
- Key Business Network events in seven Brisbane chapters – ‘Publish to Build Your Business’
- Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand PD workshop – ‘Selling Yourself at Interview’
- Qld Rural Regional and Remote Women’s Network (QRRRWN) Conference 2014 – ‘The 50+ Advantage’ workshop
- QRRRWN Strong Women Leadership Awards founder & facilitator of the embedded webinar program: 2012 – 2014
- Host of QRRRWN Strong Women Leadership Awards presentation: 2012-2013
- Publishing presentations – City Council Libraries
- Career presentations – corporate clients
- Queensland University of Technology: Guest speaker ‘Launching your new career’
Bev has also presented to the following groups:
**International Coaching Federation – Brisbane branch
**Brisbane International Business Women **Women’s Publishing Network
**Rotary Club ** VIEW Club **Westpac Women’s Market
**Queensland Government **Boonah Arts Council
**Marketing Communications Executives International: Melbourne Chapter
**Business networks @ Coffs Harbour, Gympie, Cleveland, Rockhampton
**Australian Business Development Conference
Bev is a previous winner of the ‘Women in Business’ Category of the Australian MCEI Marketing Awards. She has the ability to motivate and unify people under a banner of self-help – something not too many leaders are capable of. Bev makes an interesting guest speaker for your events … you will be amply rewarded through her caring approach and skillful sharing of knowledge.
Bev is a warm, friendly and open woman and has a strong sense of giving, sharing and helping people maximise their opportunities and potential… together with sharing an abundance of knowledge and wisdom from her extensive professional experience.